We’ve got this overview of the state’s most competitive Congressional races, plus a quick glance at results from the rest of the state.
The 10th District
Republican Congresswoman Barbara Comstock will be returning to Congress next year, despite a hotly contested race in Northern Virginia. Michael Pope has the story.
The 4th District
Democrats were able to pick up one congressional seat in Virginia, but only after a lawsuit prompted the boundaries of the congressional districts to be redrawn. Mallory Noe-Payne reports.
The 5th District
It was a difficult night for Democrats in the 5th Congressional District, where Republican Tom Garrett scored an impressive win over Jane Dittmar. Sandy Hausman reports on that race and others of regional interest.
In less competitive districts, the state’s races played out as expected — with victors winning by large margins. Results are below. Full details can be seen here.
- District 1 – Robb Wittman (R) beat Matt Rowe (D)
- District 2 – Scott Taylor (R) beat Shaun Brown (D)
- District 3 – Bobby Scott (D) beat Marty Williams (R)
- District 6 – Bob Goodlatte (R) beat Kai Degner (D)
- District 7- Dave Brat (R) beat Eileen Bedell (D)
- District 8 – Don Beyer (D) beat Charles Hernick (R)
- District 9 – Morgan Griffith (R) beat Derek Kitts (D)
- District 11- Gerry Connolly won